Annual awards to be conferred Jan. 30
MILFORD — The Milford Chamber of Commerce will host its 58th annual Awards of Distinction and Annual Luncheon January 30 at Grassy Hill Country Club in Orange. During the event, winners of the chamber’s Awards of Distinction will be cited.
The 15 recipients are being honored for service to the Milford Chamber of Commerce, greater Milford’s business community, and the community at large. They include:
• Businessperson of the Year — Seamus Warakomski of Tri-City Heating & Cooling.
• Human Service Award — Former Milford schoolteacher and administrator Raymond G. Vitali.
• Public Sector Award — Milford City Attorney Jonathan D. Berchem.
• Community Service Award — 12345 Kids Count of Milford Inc.
• Corporate Award — Subway World Headquarters.
• Milford Chamber Director of the Year — Attorney Vincent J. Averaimo of Kapusta, Otzel & Averaimo.
• Ambassador of the Year — Steve M. Cooper, S.M. Cooper Photographic Artist.
• Lifetime Achievement Award — Gary Johnson, United Way of Milford.
• Milford Progress Inc. Economic Development Award — Milford I-95 Service Plazas.
• Milford Chamber ‘Green’ Award — Schick Wilkinson Sword.
• Friends of the Chamber — Dewey Forbes, Sales Marketing Associates & Greyson Schwing, Antelope Web.
• Small Business of the Year (fewer than 50 employees) — Orange Ale House & Grille.
• Health & Wellness Council — Traci O’Brien, Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Connecticut.
• Business Image Award — Bridge House Restaurant.