HARTFORD: The CT Labor Department and the CT Department of Economic and Community Development. Issued this month's CT Economic Digest. The issue offers a special focus on Exporting from Connecticut, Connecticut Exports: 2016 in Review.
DECD’s Laura Jaworski. provides the overview on 2016 CT export activity, showing that CT's 2016 exports decreased 5.49% from 2015 ($15.24B to $14.4B) but that exports nationwide decreased in 2015 as well.
- Commodity exports are not noted in export figures, and since CT has a high concentration of insurance and financial exports, this could understate the actual figure.
- 5,717 companies exported from CT in 2014 - 89% were small and medium sized with fewer than 500 employees.
- CT was 27th nationally for exports.
- Since 2005, CT has been the 2nd highest exporter of the New England states – MA is the top exporter.
- Top 5 CT exports: Aircraft, spacecraft and parts; industrial machinery including computers; electric machinery, sound equipment, TV equipment; optic, photo, and medical and surgical instruments; and special classification provisions.