The Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices New England Properties third-quarter market report was released earlier this month. Some highlights of the report include:
• Connecticut’s rental market remained strong with signed leases are up 4.6 percent year over year.
• There was a nine-percent increase in the number of sales over $5 million in the third quarter when compared to the third quarter of 2013.
• The inventory of homes priced over $5 million increased now making up 17.2 percent of current active listings in the luxury market.
• Contracts signed — the leading indicator of real estate activity — increased in the condominium market year over year by 4.2 percent.
• New housing permit data provided by the state’s Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD), shows a 17.4-percent increase year over year for single and multi-unit residential housing through August.
• There were 8,461 closed sales for single-family homes during the third quarter, up 10.7 percent from the previous quarter.
The entire report may be found at bhhsneproperties.com.