The Q3 "http://www.nurturedbydesign. "/#buy_" ./blog/buyvalium//#visit_us">visit us economic data is based on 172 New Haven-area businesses listed at BizBuySell. "/#buy_" .
Although the sample size is relatively small, some of the highlights are instructive:
• According to the site, the current median asking price of businesses for sale is $182,500.
• One year ago, at the end of Q3 2011, the median asking price for businesses in New Haven was $200,000.
• The Q3 2012 listed businesses in the New Haven area had a median annual revenues of $404,354, down from $432,500 at this same time last year.
• Median cash flow, meaning the money that comes out of the business over the course of a year, is $97,842, versus median cash flows of $94,000 last year.
• According to BizBuySell.com, business owners in the New Haven area will typically ask for, on average, a revenue multiple of 0.64 (changed from 0.65 year over year) and a cash flow multiple of 2.62 (down from 2.78 year-over-year).
The New Haven statistics discussed above are based on listing data, not on actual completed business sales. Listings in local datasets include businesses that are listed by local business brokers, as well as "for sale by owner" (FSBO) listings that have been listed by the business owner without the assistance of a business broker.
|< Prev||Next >|